Monday, April 19, 2010

Failures... and one success

So, I wanted to make our front room a "pub room." Its the perfect size for a pool table, and we plan to have a bar in there someday. Pubs are usually dark, so I choose an olive green that I've loved for awhile. But it turned out to not be a good choice because our house is too dark. All our windows have sunscreens, which help keep our house about 10 degrees cooler than outside. Unfortunately, it also makes everything dark. I then picked out an orange, thinking it would be dark, but bright for the room. But that didn't turn out so well either. So this weekend I went and picked up paintable samples to get some ideas for the room. I like the terra cotta orange, but its still not the look I was going for. What I want is a color I saw at my salon in Iowa City. I called them today, and they knew the color, but it was made by an Iowa paint manufacturer. So I called the paint store, and they do not carry the color anymore. Furthermore, they didn't have the color on file from her account. Sigh.... will I ever get the color up I want?


The olive is the first color. Looks ok in the pics, but too dark in person.
The four stripes on the wall are colors we were thinking about.
Also tried an orange I really liked. Too bright, although I still like this color. Not the pub color I was hoping.
What to do....

Todd spent some time this weekend putting together a misting system for our patio. The misting system will keep us cooler outside in the summer. Todd tested it Sunday (after curing for 24 hours) and there were no leaks! Its ready to go. I just need to paint it to match the house!

Adding on a splitter from our hose spiket.


Going up the side of the patio.
With the misters on! They all work!

Dad always taught me to buy the right tools, the first time! We purchased this PVC cutter for $13 at Home Depot. Totally worth it! Cut the pipe perfectly and without any plastic saw chips to worry about getting in our pipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment