Sunday, April 18, 2010

Random day in April

A couple of old friends, Andrea and Kris, from KC came to Phoenix for a vacation to see their family. Because of that, I got to see them and they got to meet Todd. Although my friend, Kris, had already met Todd in KC years ago (a few times), he just didn't remember. I officially met Kris my second weekend in KC, on New Years' Eve. He was at a party I went to with some people my age that my sister worked with at Cerner. I met his now wife, Andrea, a year or so later, when they started dating long distance between Iowa City and KC.

We took Kris and Andrea up to South Mountain in Southern Phoenix. This was the same mountain Todd took me to on my first trip down to Phoenix. You can see the most of the whole city from up there. Its best to go at dusk, so you can see the city lights come on. We didn't get to stay that long because dusk came later than we thought.... and we were all getting pretty hungry!

We then took them to an Arizona brewery, Papago. Todd took me there a few weeks ago, and I learned of the amazing original brews that can't be purchased anywhere but at Papago. They have a small menu, but all their food is amazing as well. In particular, I love their coffee stouts they brew, and their chipotle chicken salad! Go delicious! Kris and Andrea throughly enjoyed their "night out" from the family =) It was great seeing them! Although, we are headed to KC next weekend, so we might end up seeing them again very soon. 

Andrea and I at the top of South Mountain

Todd and Kris on a bench.... that didn't have a seat!! 

 Todd and I at the top of South Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment