Friday, July 3, 2009

Packing underway

So I have been packing a little bit each night after work. Now that the news has traveled throughout my office, people everywhere are bringing me boxes. I came home with a car full of boxes 3 days in a row this week. I utilitzed the Overland Park recycling center to take advantage of free newspapers for packing materials. What can I say, I'm usually pretty innovative. :)

Packing has been going ok, except for the fact that I'm completely anal about making every box uniformly packed to the brim. Therefore the process involves me working on about 8 boxes at once, and scouring rooms to find something the perfect size to fit in the perfect spot in every box. It was very overwhelming the last 3 days. But I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. My rooms are getting thinned out. And almost all the art is off the walls. I realized I have a lot of decorations - go figure! And I also have one full box of spices. I'm afraid to start packing my clothes!

Last night Becky came over with wine to help me pack. We didn't get much done! She didn't come over until after 9, so I didn't really lose much time. I had already packed for 5 hours. Nonetheless, I really needed that girl time! I'm definitely going to miss my girls here! I think of us as having "Sex and the City" friendships, and that is hard to find....

No comments:

Post a Comment