Monday, August 3, 2009

Day One

Today was my first day at US Airways. One word sums up my day: Overwhelming. I expected my first day to be a little crazy, but I felt like I was spinning circles trying to figure out all the new systems. They use a European General Ledger program, so the language is a little different from traditionally US Accounting. I honestly felt like crying after the morning and I went to lunch. But, I always get that way when I'm stressed. The afternoon went a little better, as I learned the close process of the division for which I'll be in charge. I'll be working on HR admin, which means I'll be calculating, booking, and analyzing HR functions such as medical benefits, pensions and retirement plans. I think once I start understanding things, it will get very interesting. I also will be working on the budget and forecasting of these functions; the part I am most excited about, although that part will take me many hours. I will be very busy for the first few months.

There are a lot of people that I liked whom I met today in the finance department though. Also, the group is very diverse. I hope I can learn my job and be able to start socializing :) Day number two is tomorrow......ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment