Monday, August 3, 2009

Settling In

So it's been about two and a half weeks since Vicki and I made the drive to phoenix, and we're both settling in to our routines and our lives together. As stated below, Vicki made quick work of finding a job, which came as a relief to both of us i think. Although we were prepared for her job search to take a while, it was nice to find something so quickly. Especially something at US Airways, with all the flight benefits that comes with it. Between her with cheap flights and me with cheap hotels, there is a good chance we will be travelling fairly frequently...

Vicki's things arrived last Sunday, and as she said we kinda of put things wherever they would fit in order to get them in the house. We are living with my brother and his wife, and while they have a large house, we're still taking up some space. She has been slowly unpacking and organizing what she can as we go along, and eventually we'll get it all to a place it can stay for a while.

This weekend we are off to Lincoln, NE for a wedding of a good friend of mine from back home in Sioux City. He and I, along with a couple of other guys that will be there this weekend, have all known each other since kindergarten and have managed to stay friends for more than two decades. That always amazes me when i think about it. We are flying standby, but we're hoping to get out of Phoenix early on Friday, and back late Sunday.

If everything works out well with flights, we are planning on meeting pretty much my entire family in Omaha on Sunday for lunch. My parents, my sister, her husband, and their two kids, and my grandma. Should be interesting, they can get a little crazy when they're all together!

Anyway, like i said, Vicki and I are settling in to life here in Phoenix... =)


No comments:

Post a Comment